PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it late for...
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2007, 17:30
s8n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it late for...

me to become a pilot? I'm 17 (just turned). I've always a had my heart on aviation.

I've got some choices to make, I'll be studying in Ateneo, UP, or MAPUA. I want to take up Mechanical Engineering then most probably followed up by Aeronautical Engineering. I want to know if airliners will look at my resume (of course after I have much practice with the plane and get my hours) and be impressed with having my flight hours backed up with Mech/Aero Engineering.

I'm half Greek/Filipino, lived almost all my life in the UAE and was hoping to train there for pilot lessons, unfortunately, UAE take only the locals.

I live in Manila, but from Pampanga. And most probably by the age of 18 I'll be starting to train, and maybe this January I can take my PPL.

Still a thought with CIA and PAL. I hear that PAL will pay for your education, I don't mind the money as I am pretty much backed with that. I want a place that an airliner will not have second thoughts about me. It's either one of them. Oh, and if I do take the PPL lessons, it'll be at OMNI.

Am I in any good chance? too late?

Please, your thoughts and feedbacks would be much appreciated.

Regards,
s8n