PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CV Format
Thread: CV Format
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2007, 14:46
BelArgUSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hola KM -
xxx
Personally, I just look at the licence level you have (i.e. FAA/CPL or JAR/fATPL) which tells me a lot about your qualifications. It does not matter (at least to me) where you got that licence.
xxx
Airlines have a training department... and use certain manuals, company SOPs which may be contrary to what you learned in that flight school. When you start initial training with an airline, you better forget all you learned in the past and abide by procedures and textbooks used by your employer.
xxx
I personally met pilots applicants, some have the FAA CPL/IR/ME certificate with 300 hours, who were trained in "Florida (somewhere)" and some other who were trained in "prestigeous UK air college" with a JAR/fATPL, and same 300 hours, and do not see the difference when we put them in a 737 simulator for evaluation. Can you proceed QDM 270º on a NDB and hold North, non-standard turns at 4,000 feet...? What holding entry...? When do you reduce to holding speed...?
xxx
Realize that airline chief pilots, or training captains who select you, have very little knowledge of "what school does what", and "where are the schools" - they just want to be sure you are able to succesfully complete the new-hire initial training, and qualify you as F/O, name it, on a A-320, or B-737, or MD-80, and if it takes 4 hrs extra time in the simulator... it does not matter.
xxx

Happy contrails