PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Airways II
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2007, 13:01
InTheZone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have quite a few close friends working as CC with QR.One of the main problems with QR (among many) is the lack of consistency. Al Baker can change SOPs and regulations from one second to the next and he has millions of times. First of all when he sent the internal memo about the 10 pm curfew of staff being back in their accomodation regardles of wheter they were flying the next day or not (even if the were on leave they had to be back at 10 pm). Now due to so many people resigning after this memo was published he has gone ahead and changed it to you have to be home 12 hours minimum before your next flight ( any minute later and your reported) and you are not allowed outside of your company provided acommodation during your standby slot. I know from my South African CC friends that they never ( or very very seldom) get flights to SA because there has been a few cases of Crew doing a runner on a layover because they are so depressed and also in order to avoid having to pay the 7 500 Riyal bond.I know about 10 QR CC and out of the 10, 5 have resigned and 3 are not gonna renew their contract.