PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simmulator Training??
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2007, 07:31
almost there

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Simmulator Training??

I am a training captain in a company that is trying to determine if simmulator training might be bennificial to our offshore line pilots. If you have done simmulator training, I would appreciate your comments on the subject, either pro or con. In particular, we want to establish wether or not a simmulator trained pilot is a better and safer pilot. Additional, we would like to determine how cost effective simmulator training is. Many thanks from your sim deprived compatriots.

Thanks for your responses, but some of you have missed the point of the question. I am very familiar with benefits of sim training, but our management has no such knowledge. Level D sim training is being offered on site, and the training dept is hoping to use your responses to convince management to take advantage of the opportunity. Glib or sarcastic responses will be of no value to that end.

If you look at the reply from soggyboxers, you'll see exactly what I'm looking for. Hopefully, with enough testimonials like this, we can convince out fearless leaders to seize the opportunity!

Last edited by almost there; 2nd Dec 2007 at 04:15. Reason: Addition and clarification