PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pablo Sacked from MyTravel
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2007, 21:24
Romeo Oscar Golf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know I've already said on this thread that the civvies are probably the best people to comment on this matter but some of the absolute crap which has sprung from some of their lips requires me to make my final comment. If there was ever any clearer indication that the military aviator remains a valuable maverick with regards flying an aircraft and commanding the project, this is the one. He/she applies knowledge, experience, application and reality to the task, is not reliant on over prescibed non aviation associated rules and procedures, and actually provides what the customer wants and is paying for. That some mindless beancounter writes stupid rules, which we may not disagree with, argue about etc., should be held up as CRM procedure or whatever,therefore is right, is absolute bolleaux. Sadly the maverick will lose his/her job 'cos we mustn't disagree with our paymasters. However it does not mean that they, the mavericks, are not right. This unfortunately seems to be the way of New Labour Britain.