PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2007, 19:12
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was only making the point that Star is VERY poorly represented in the regions, right now, as in not at all. MA is the only carrier to represent the alliances outside of a codeshare agreement, so there is a market there. The O&D traffic to one of the star hubs might surprise you. Probably enough to justify a 4x week service alone, with something like a CRJ/Ejet/Avro, before connections come in at all.
To answer a question, no LX never served ORK to my knowlage, although SN did in 2005 2x week. It mght have been some sort of hybrid charter service, or at least one of the ORK travel agents bought a lot of seats. BRU would be quite popular to Africa, and good for connections with Jet Airways to the US, Canada and Inda, I would imagine.
As for SNN getting at *A connection. I doubt it. No one will operate the service I am thinking of so far. I doubt traffic number to SNN would justify it. Only 25% of EI pax traveled onwards from SNN. That means 75% had their final destinaion as LON. LCY might work with WX though, but even here, ORK would seem a more attractive market, 1m pax/anum. SNN at a lot less than that. Apparently if it were not for LCY and BHD, jetMagic would not have survived for even as long as they did.
Brian.