PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Cessna 150/152 Texas Taildragger
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2007, 18:00
BroomstickPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G-DRAG

Contacttower,

I do not know what engine they intend to install: I've only heard this second hand, but from a reliable source. I should be surprised if it was anything other than just a direct replacement because even that is going to be expensive. Anything bigger would cost a lot more sheckles and it is difficult to know how this could be justified in such an old aeroplane. And yes, she is still at Old Sarum. I suspect that if a buyer came along now, they would still be interested in selling her as she is. Once the new engine goes in, however, I think they will want to hold onto her and get their money's worth.

Tony Hirst,

G-DRAG is definitely a 152 and not a 150. She performs well by 152 standards. She is a little bit faster than a tricycle 152 and differs only in her ground handling characteristics. I have the impression that G-DRAG has always been well maintained in terms of her airframe and engine, but her interior is, shall we say, tired. The glove compartment door, for example, has a broken catch and has to be secured with a dab of blue-tac, and one of the wing root ventilators looks as though it would like to fall out. Everything else is just faded and shabby. 'Definitely not a bird puller.

Best regards,

Broomstick.