PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2007, 17:22
Lear70

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know, I'm sure the training curriculum is different, but I'm studying the material they sent me for the interview sim check and it's pretty straightforward, other than a bit out of order to study easily (I had to rewrite it for myself in a flow pattern so I could make sense of it better - probably just the way my brain memorizes data).

The two things I noted that seemed odd is:

1. There aren't any "standard callouts" included in the packet, other than when to select specific modes on the FCP and when to call for the checklists and a few things like Time C'K or Distance C'K (which I'm assuming means check and is an actual verbal callout, can't tell by the way it's written).

2. There isn't really a discussion on how to manage the automation and FCP which is a bit difficult initially. They talk about setting up manual mode tuning then returning to auto-tune on the PF side, and manual mode tuning and leaving it in manual on the PNF side for the VOR approach but don't tell you how you would do this. I'm guessing that they expect you to instruct your PNF to do these things verbally, and let him do it, but that's just a guess, I haven't emailed anyone there I know to verify yet.

I'm lucky in that I have my dad to ask questions. The last plane he flew was the 767 so he has his books and cockpit layout in color and was able to brief me on general switch location, panel locations, and a few specifics such as use of LNAV and VNAV and FLCH (the 717 I flew is basically a MD-11 avionics setup and the CRJ is actually closer in FCP use than the 717).

The procedures themselves seem pretty straightforward, just a lot of study to make sure I get the calls done at the right time in the right phraseology... 27 pages is a lot of data to memorize having never seen the plane.