PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows
Thread: Red Arrows
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2007, 10:25
airsound

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Apols for dragging up an old Reds thread when there's another one running (with some amazing pix from flickr), but I did say on 31 Oct
Off to the Dubai air show next week - I'll report on what it looks like there....
At the Dubai show (all five days of it) the Reds, along with the Patrouille de France and Spain's Patrulla Aguila, were flying from a military base nearby. So we didn't see them on the ground - and the offending (to some) lettering is definitely not visible to a normal spectator of the flying display. Incidentally, the Patrouille de France have the whole of the undersides of their wings covered in big letters, visible in flight, saying 'Armée de l'Air' (Air Force).

However, if I can make it work, the pic below shows how the new Reds' lettering can be very useful. This is the masthead (front page) of a significant paper in the Gulf region. It was advertising a very well written, and thoroughly positive, article within the paper by a woman reporter who had flown with Wg Cdr RAFAT.

airsound

Last edited by airsound; 26th Nov 2007 at 10:35. Reason: adding stuff about Patrouille de France