PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2007, 09:09
Magnersdrinker

SH

66 was an unfortunate accident and if you say could have been prevented, If I rememeber rightly it was an ASV that stayed on due to an electrical shorting in the cable loom eventually letting go. It was an error in the fitment of this loom (not the guys fault) but yes maybe wrong laid down procedures I do not know without having the BOI at hand then I cant comment but I know for sure that the ASV problem has been rectified and as far as the last 12 years Ive been on the fleet an Overrun of the ASV has never happened again, so yes it has been resolved but I will agree if they had problems up to that point yes you could say negligence or whatever words you want and something should have been done. Concorde had previous scares with tyre failure at high speeds before yet nothing was done then. The Space Shuttle had previous issues with foam coming off and striking the frame.Was anything done. No, its all weighed against Cost and Risk.
Either way you are right and I am wrong, im not going to get involved in a squable. I only work on them so I guess my views mean nothing at all.