PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger Oz
Thread: Tiger Oz
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2007, 08:14
Icarus2001

Received 250 Likes on 108 Posts
Given that they were supposed to start with five aircraft and I can only find three on the CASA register (VNB, VNC, VND), I would not get too excited about applying. Most recruits so far appear to be word of mouth recommendations from CP etc.
I do know that yes you pay for your uniform but from an allowance, you are provided a sandwich, if you want something more you can take it with you. You will need to pay for your own parking at the airport.
Assuming four crews per aircraft at five aircraft that is only twenty FO's and twenty Captains required. Until they expand of course. They have threatened up to thirty aircraft. Put in context VB have about 55 737's.
The salary is comparable to VB and Jetstar but as it is a base salary plus an hourly rate then it depends on how much flying you do. Given their low cost model you could expect to do 900-1000 hours per annum. Also there are no overnights planned. I don't know how BN-PER-BN will work when they eventually do that route or even SY-PER-SY with a good Westerly breeze.