PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Obese passenger wins case
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2007, 06:47
WannaBeBiggles

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have to agree that people that have the "something for nothing" attitude really annoys me!

If you take up more room than is given to you then you pay for the extra room.

Otherwise if you want to apply the same logic then I want a prorata refund on every kilo I am under the standard weight!

vanderaj, you do not know under what circumstances the man who sued Air France was measured. I doubt the checkin staff are there ready with a measuring tape as soon as they see a person of size coming, the guy could have been quite hostile and refused to purchase another seat and they might have done it to prove that he could not fit.

I used to be well in to 3 figures (kg), but dropped 36kg's of weight through fitness and good diet, so it's not like I do not know how people can look at you when your larger than normal.

One of my best friends, wifes' sister is married to a "strong man" (yes those guys that run with car bodies and carry boulders as a sport) and even he will book two seats because his shoulders are so broad, his waist more than fits in to the seats.

You also think that you the only person that travels for work Last year I clocked an average of 8 flights a week.
So you can p!ss and moan about how much you spend and how your keeping all these poor people in airlines from the bread lines, but how I see it, airlines are keeping YOU in a job!