PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B777 vs B744
Thread: B777 vs B744
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2007, 04:29
Hellenic aviator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NSO,
The GMA told me that the Company plans on eventually (meaning once NA is fully utilised with 777s) that they want to convert the current 744 guys who want to remain on the base, across to the 777. He then mentioned that they are going to increase services to the various NA ports, and as such, will be offering those of us based in HKG to go on a base. Then, whatever numbers are remaining that require to be filled, he said that they would do direct entry hiring.
He was mainly referring to US rather than Canada though when I asked specific cities.

Now, he mentioned something interesting (that I have already posted before), and that is that they are running into some legal rostering issues. Namely, that they want those based in NA to operate to HKG, and then continue westbound as far as BOM. He said that this is currently being discussed with the CAD because of the numerous time zones flown. He also mentioned that there would be some clause stating that if you decided to take a base, that you'd be waiving your overtime pay (for the privilege of being on a base) and you''d be flying somewhere around the 94 hour mark.

Remember, this is HIM talking, NOT Company proposed policy. This s still requires negotiations with the AOA.

.....food for thought....or at least another incentive to look elsewhere