PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Drunk' cabin crew claim cancels flight - Manchester to New York
Old 25th Nov 2007, 22:16
6chimes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally, I can wait for the evidence and facts to emerge over the drinking allegation, but who for the love of God would in their right mind be still up at 0415 partying before a 1000 departure, with a pick up from the hotel as early as 0730?
That depends entirely on what time zone your body clock is on. In an industry that expects its employees to be fit in a time zone +8 hrs from GMT and the next week 8 hrs GMT, is it not to be expected that crew will be up and about when the rest of you that live in a particular time zone are sleeping and visa versa.

Don't quote me the rules laid down by the authorities (CAA), they were redundant years ago.

Many crew use alcohol as a way of getting sleep when the body clock is saying you should be awake. Sad but true.

Bear in mind the crew who were in MAN would have just done a London to Newark and be going back to the US again the next day. When you have done a back to back please let me know if you knew what time it was at any given point in the trip. How many SLF cross the pond 4 times in 6 days?