PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Position Explaination
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2007, 17:38
SaifAir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Position Explaination

I know this is on a thread somewhere but I cannot find it. Can somebody explain different levels of progression. Let me know if I am correct on this-

If I were to start as a US frieghter DEFO one would do the 3 year commitment at a US base. Then my understanding is that some are getting the upgrade if they want to stay on the frieghter at around 3 years. However you would be then locked into the frieighter and would be on a scale that tops out at year 11 at 13,380 per month. All things being equal this is the max base salary you could earn during you Cathay Career.

If after your 3 year commitment on the US frieghter you could bid to the passenger fleet. You would then come is as a 4th year FO and have a base monthly salary of 8660 per month. You could either be based in HK or a US base as an FO.

So if you choose to go to HK as an FO on the passenger do you bid any open equipment? Are you locked on that equipment forever or until it is gone? Can you bid vacancies on other equipment after a seat lock? Can you bid back to the US at some point as an FO or Capt? Once you make capt in HK or US can you bid back to the frieghter and stay on that scale?

Anyone know where I can find a copy of the CoS08?

Thanks for any help