PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Co-Pilot arrested, allegedly over alcohol limit. No case to answer.
Old 25th Nov 2007, 16:59
411A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If as you say, PB, the reporting of the USA incident and later prosecution was not related to alcohol, it certainly was not reported in the popular press at the time, nor later.
And, that of course, is part of the basic problem.
I would hardly imagine that the modus operande of the tabloid press nor electronic media is about to change, and I would further suspect that any legislation proposed is not going to change things either.
What to do?
You folks in the UK seem to like BALPA so much, why not start your own media distribution centre, and counter many of these allegedly false accusations?
It would seem to me that many of those same folks who so decry the alleged inaccurate reporting do little to alleviate the unfavorable situation.
IE: where is your media action group?
Seems to me what you folks need is a 'friendly' jurno who is attuned to your way of thinking...sadly, from some of the comments here, jurnos are not to be trusted.
Wonder why that is?
Complaining here on PPRuNe will hardly make a difference.
Now, if you would care to relate in a factual manner the complete details of the USA case, I might consider an apology, provided one is appropriate and in agreement with the facts.
Further, my comments earlier about the latest incident may well have been in error, and for that I would certainly apologise.