PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pablo Sacked from MyTravel
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2007, 16:25
reallydeskbound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is It All What It Seems

I don't write regularly on this site but feel that I should express my opinion on this one!
I knew Pablo as a colleague and family friend for many years and feel there is much more to this situation than meets the eye.
There are/were/still many people who begrudge Pablo. When I knew him - when we still had a real Air Force - he was well known as an opinionated outspoken individual who stood for high standards and exhibited leadership in his own style - which made him many enemies, I doubt he changed when the transition to civvy flying took place, he did not suffer fools gladly.....
Taking Robbie Savage on to the flight deck would have been seen by the company as Pablo doing his own thing, despite the good intention of attempting to give the individual some confidence in aviation. Was this just the straw that broke the camel's back? Companies are only interested in the bottom line, sod the fare payer, and the employee who rocks the boat...
Sadly Pablo is just another victim of the small minded individuals who run companies these days, always remember airlines aren't run by pilots or even engineers, they are run by accountants who are only interested in the bottom line.
Good luck for the future Pablo fly safe