PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caius Petronius Arbiter
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2002, 20:05
Just an other number
Just an other digit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well what can you believe - . .I checked ORAC's link to Petronius Arbiter and the first entry referring to the House of Lords - . .......... ."Petronius Arbiter, Time Traveller. .Expletive, but I am sick of seeing this fake quote: . .We trained hard . . . but it seemed that every time we were beginning to form up into teams we would be reorganized. I was to learn later in life that we tend to meet any new situation by reorganizing; and a wonderful method it can be for creating the illusion of progress while producing confusion, inefficiency, and demoralization. . .Petronius Arbiter, 210 B.C. . .. .I don't know who originated it, but here are some of the misinformed people who think it is legitimate: . ."Baroness Thomas of Walliswood (speaking in the [British] House of Lords, 18 Feb 1997, as reported in Hansards (sic) in column 82 for that day)."". .. .No such reference in Hansard for that day.. .Indeed there is no column 82 that day - which starts at Col 447 - Millenium Funding - New Churches.. .Don't believe everything you see here.. .Don't believe anything you see here.