PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Free Postage on Parcels Till Xmas
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2007, 13:04
redpants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How do I send an Xmas parcel to our Armed Forces?

Forgive me if I've chosen the wrong forum - I am a civvie and am searching for info on how/where to send parcels to soldiers in Iraq/Afghanistan. I have the support of a couple of work colleagues and am trying to get my company involved in helping to send parcels to front-line men/women as a small gesture of support from home.

This looks the closest thread, although posts are quite old - can anyone tell me how to find out more? The UK Post Office allows family etc to send parcels for free - but only to named soldiers. I do not have any direct connection to the military (if that's the right word) and do not know how to approach getting this information. Most organisations sending groups of parcels require you to have at least 100+ and I can't promise that many!

I would also like to know what you would find most useful in a parcel. We have estimated a budget of £10 each - what would be the best things to include?

Do you have facilities to play MP3s, AVIs? Yes, I know a bit about IT.
Are there items we take for granted that you would wish for (steady here boys) I'm thinking random stuff like earplugs, moisturiser, sherbet fountains....

Clock's ticking boys.