PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What Ever Happened to BCT at Kemble
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2007, 12:35
airborne_artist
Red On, Green On

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You paid £1400 for 10 hours, and had about £200 value out of it, so they owe you £1,200. You can take them to the Small Claims Court, win, and get judgement, but that won't get you the money. Enforcing the judgement will cost you more money, and still may get you nothing if there are no assets.

My advice would be to move on unless you are sure that the entity against which you can get a judgement really has the liquid assets to meet the award. I once spent three months chasing a £10,000 debt. It would have been cheaper to have left it, and moved on, as I could have made more money in the time I spent chasing it than I finally won. For £1200 I'd just spend the next few years telling all you meet in aviation circles who it was that ripped you off. What goes around, comes around, I find.

If they do have the assets, then go for them. Once you have the judgement, transfer it to the High Court, and get their bailiffs onto it. They won't stop at anything short of a 12 bore, and the costs mount up fast. It could cost them another £1,500 in enforcement, on top of your debt