PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2007, 11:59
Magnersdrinker

Well TD and JB as an Airframe engineer with over 15 years on this type of aircraft , in that time since 1991 when i arrived on this aircraft I can only recall once in that time I have heard of a fire on board. It was not so long ago and was an electrical fire but was easily dealt with. im sure there has been more but nothing major to suggest thats a problem.
If you are going to all make up figures and bend the information to make the aircraft look bad then go ahead , you guys really are desperate to find anything bad. TD you have came up with different figures already

78 incidents of Fires were recorded
355 incidents of Fumes/Smoke

So 880 fires ? Where the flying **** did that come from

Have you looked at the statistics of all aircraft not just the Nimrod. You have straight away got in your mind that 880 fires on board a Nimrod and its unsafe , for joe public and people that do not work on Nimrod this straight away in there head thinks Ohhh there must be a problem with fires on the aircraft, old granny is now going I heard on PPrune that Nimrods have a bad fire record and this gets spread about.

edit . I do apoligse for TD and JB, I just saying what I reasd although that initial figure came from NigelB, NigelB can you update the thread on them 880 fires please.

Last edited by Magnersdrinker; 25th Nov 2007 at 12:28.