PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clark Institute of Aviation
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2007, 10:43
jester_icarus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guarantee?!

calvin,

Flight Safety International had the same ad. Flight train at their school and guarantee an interview. What they (FSI) dont say is that they start eliminating studets from the begginning. I mean s student will go through the whole PPL to CPL but at the end only a handfull will get a chance to interview for a spot for an airline. What im trying to say is..nothing is guarantee.

Twelve months from now the market may change..and therefore demand for pilots may dwindle.

MPL.. its nice that if all goes through you will be on the right seat...WOW..thats a dream come true..for all aviators. at least the ones that i know. But then you will still need to work on our CPL since you cannot be PIC on any aircraft (from what i understand). This will be another expense.

Hindsight...if i had the money when i first started flight training..maybe i would go that route. But then again...the debt??!! whew.. i have a friend that has a loan amount of $80K us!!!! in fact if i could afford it right now i would go and get a Type Rating on an A319/320..and apply for Cebu Pak.. but then again even this is not guarantee.

Of course if everything goes as promised then...viola...instant AirBus driver!!!!! very envious.....If you can afford it.

Ive got 3000 hours and im still pondering options...

Good Luck...

"keep the blue side up"

PS..and yes Airlines do require lots of hours. But in the states there is also a pilot shortage. Most regionals you can get in at 500 hours total.. and theres some regionals where 250 (CPL min) is all you need. But of course if you are not a US citizen..it may be a bit hard to fly in the states.