PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Obese passenger wins case
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2007, 05:23
sinala1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First you said:
Originally Posted by vanderaj
I told you - I choose to be in seats that fit when I can.
Then you said
I am not buying a second seat when all I really want is a comfortable single seat.
Then barely one paragraph later you said
where I am now morbidly obese despite being on a good diet and exercise
Surely quotes #1 and #2 contradict each other? And, going by what you had to say in quote #3, you are (unfortunately) in a position that means the likelihood of any standard airline economy seat - anywhere in the world - being comfortable for you is negligible to say the very least?

If you are happy to pay for Premium Economy, (which by your own admission you Require), then why not pay a child fare for the second seat - with the possibility of getting it refunded by Southwest? Cheaper in the long run I am sure!

What about the comfort of pax around you who have paid for the use of one seat, but are potentially only getting 1/2 or 3/4 of that space because someone else is taking it up? Again, Southwest's policy is 100% on the money. And, for the record, No - I do not work for them.

This is NOT discrimination nor a lack of compassion for peoples needs and the potential medical reasons behind their weight - just a logical way of looking at it all.