PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737 when reduce speed?
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2007, 22:50
Ashling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TolTol

You sound rather rattled. If you qoute the wrong limitation you can expect to be corrected and rightly so however innocent your excuse. Nothing wrong or pathetic about that. If you claim to fly the space shuttle, as you do, then you will also attract a few comments, do not be surprised. The tongue in cheek remarks will come if you have a tongue in cheek profile. Commercial 737 pilot to space shuttle, I must freshen up my CV I might be in with a chance. Do they advertise in flight ?

Your solution will work but in practise its very unlikely to be appropriate in a normal traffic environment. Its also inefficient in terms of fuel,time and noise and will almost certainly annoy other aircraft and ATC to high heaven.

It is true the NG does not go down and slow down particularly well but increasingly ATC, environmentalists and regulators are expecting CDA's and keep stats on them and publish league tables to demonstrate which companies are doing well and which aren't. So going down and slowing down is the name of the game nowdays.