PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod Information
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2007, 22:04
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vage Rot,
Whllst we know that 'Everything from a lightning strike to a cut finger on a sharp bit of metal could prompt an IR', in reality we all know that they don't, and raising an IR is quite a serious matter nowadays. As for your comment 'Often we will raise an IR to highlight potential problems - we may have noticed something before it became a problem and IR it to prompt the system into addressing it - and so that others can learn from our experience' I only wish someone had taken a little more notice of the IRs that would have been raised prior to the loss of 230 concerning fuel leaks and AAR. Perhaps we wouldn't then have this thread?

Exrigger,
The point is, that 10 IRs a month for, what is a pitifully small fleet of aircraft, is abnormally high wouldn't you agree? If we go back 20 or 30 years, when we had dozens of frames and were flying in excess of 8 - 10 missions a day (from ISK alone) then I would agree. But I understand that there are very, very few flights at all at the moment, so the numbers of IR's is worrying. It is also of no value at all comparing them to Tornado IRs either. How many Tornados we we currently have compared to Nimrods?

TD, Stay strong my friend

The Winco