PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sea King too old and putting Lives at risk.
Old 24th Nov 2007, 21:25
Send'em

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crab, It would help if you read the posts.

Now, leave the gate barrier alone for a while and listen.

You said ;
"Sendem - as soon as you are tasked, ARCC are informed and it appears on the RCS, "

I am not tasked. I do the tasking . I SEND THEM. Clues as to the user name ?
The ARCC are informed When I get round to it. When I feel like it. I try to be prompt but sometimes it is after landing. What pisses me off that our helicopters fly a SAR mission, I tell the ARCC after the helo has landed and the ARCC puts another a pin in its map for a job that they "coordinated".

Crab Said;
"Have you ever been to Kinloss to see what your tasking authority does - your oversimplified statement would suggest not."

I was there 1-2 November 2006. As an ex-cavalry officer; your officer's Mess would be unacceptable to the Lance Corporals in my regiment. Grow-bags in the dining room ! And the food !

Crab said;
"As for your last post, you well know what I was commenting on regarding second standby - you don't have a seconds crew and we do, is that simple enough for you."

Our pilots/crew can jump into the spare helo and fly it ; without an erck having to paint their name on the side and waiting 8 hours for it to dry.

You may have a second crew but when I call the ARCC every morning I discover there is not a second helo for them to fly.