PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Obese passenger wins case
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2007, 20:01
sinala1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andrew no one here has advocated the humiliation of a passenger, nor have they begrudged providing extension seat belts. What people here are talking about is ANY person who needs more than one seat should purchase the amount they require! If you don't need more than one seat, but need an extension - no problem whatsoever. Happy to help as much as possible.

What gets my goat is when people who clearly and obviously require 2 seats (for whatever reason - bodybuilder, overweight etc etc) only purchase 1 - then bitch, whinge and moan because they are so uncomfortable (as are the 2 people seated next to them), and Expect - even Demand to be given a spare seat just on the basis that they need more room. Southwest's policy is more than fair - you pay for the extra seat, at Childrens fare, and if the seat does not oversell then you get your money back. How could that possibly be any fairer???

Originally Posted by vanderaj
I'm sure all the posters so far in this thread would be at the top of the line saying "hey, fatso, come here, we need to measure you".
Incorrect. Infact very few posts have made reference to the actual court case nor the humiliation suffered by the passenger who was "measured" at checkin. My post did - and I clearly objected to "measuring" the passenger at check in. But other posts about buying what you need are very valid, and in a world where people expect everything but wish to pay for nothing - well I hope Southwest's policy becomes an international standard. Its non-discriminatory, it has clear boundaries, and at the end of the day if the flight does not sell out then you get your money back!! It couldn't be any fairer than that