PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brand new Etihad A340-600 damaged in Toulouse; several wounded
Old 24th Nov 2007, 18:32
lomapaseo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mr Spotty

.... if you had read all the posts you would have found the post from AI stating that it was not exiting the bay and official confirmation that it should have been chocked as per the AMM.
I believe that if we read all the post we can conclude that nothing untoward happened since it is only in our dreams.

There are so many contradictions in what has been released to the press that we still have to guess at what might have happened.

I tend to believe what the BEA releases and updates. I don't believe that Airbus has any intent to mislead, but since they can only release what is confirmed by the BEA, their safest course of action, early on, is to confirm the applicability of their recommended procedures under the circumstances of the earliest reports.

Should the investigation later reveal circimstances not covered by these procedures, then I would expect Airbus to release updates to the procedures without compromising the investigative perogatives of the BEA.

Someday mayby somebody will post a timeline synopsis of all published news reports on this accident so we can see that we are mostly pawns to the interpretations of the news by non-aviation professionals as we post on these forums