PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cityjet Recruitment Ban
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2007, 14:51
Q-pot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It may have to start with you!

Seems to me a little disappointing that a non pilot member is the one trying to do some good on this front with no apparent support or recognition from staff pilots...it says alot looking in from the outside!!
No offence cityjetunion,but I seem to remember a couple of Pilots who tried their level best to get a union going but ended up banging their heads against a wall of near fear and unwillingness to get behind it(ie on behalf of the pilot body!),and I think this basing issue would not have been implemented as easy as it has been if a tougher stance was taken then.Instead,look at the situation company staff are facing now as a result...
The problem is that it doesn't really affect Dub/Lcy staff so I really don't think you can expect any level of support except some sympathetic false lip service with alot of head nodding in agreement!
Cityjetunion,maybe its time you as cabin crew members show how strong you can be as a unit,this is your job after all and you are proffesionals who need to get a message across to a very determined management!!

Well done for taking some initiative though!!
Keep up the good work.
Q