PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sea King too old and putting Lives at risk.
Old 24th Nov 2007, 12:42
[email protected]

Received 630 Likes on 272 Posts
SARREMF - ...almost brought a tear to my eye...at least someone actually reads my posts - if I knew who you were I'd buy you a pint

The only problem is people will think it's me supporting myself under a different login

You're right that we have been short-changed by the MoD but sending us SH will take years as the OCU's don't have enough aircraft to get us trained up!

Northernstar - the reason I think this issue is important is because it is another of those capability issues; we do have the capability and the authority to do it legally - do the MCA crews? If they don't then something will need to be sorted pronto as there is supposed to be 'no lesser capability' under SARH.

We do clearing turns to check it is OK ahead and you do turns to check it is clear to manoeuvre - 6 and two 3s really until you have to manoeuvre into the coast from the hover in a strong onshore wind, when suddenly a rearward facing radar becomes rather superior.

Out of interest, is the S92 radar x-band and therefore SART compatible and able to see mil Sea Kings with I (x-band) transponders - rather important in multi aircraft ops.