PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 24th Nov 2007, 12:03
ules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
country is the best way to get training i rekon, i probably understand you dont have a school nearby.

the school im learning at is about an hours drive, but they have almost 30 -40 students from overseas. they provide a package for all students, which includes acomodation, transport, and bills

i think it was something like $150 a week. they live in a brand new flat, fully furnished, with beds , furniture tv's etc watever u can think off,, fridge microwave, electricity water and gas in included in the price per week, they also are provided with a vehicle, to drive to school and i supose use the cars for everyother day use,
so for the entire year wich the diploma course goes, for for a year acomodation would cost around 7000$ dollars ontop of the 48,000 . and not 80 grand
saving a lot of money
and also u get alot more expirience than the cadet scholarship, u get way more hours , and they are comand time hours, in both single and twin engine, but it depends which package you want to learn.

the instructors are great, well the ones i have had so far anyway, the planes are in good condition , i find that i have atleast 2 - 3 hours a day of flying, theorys are on monday and friday.
so if you have to send your son so far away like to melbourne, u might aswell send him to somewhere where its cheaper and better

this is the school im at ,, check them out give them a call if u have any questions before i did i had heaps and they really helped me out , staff are great there www.hva.com.au

check them out !