PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Headset types in GA
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2007, 11:53
PilotHTR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tried my new Telex 50-D's for the first time today - during a formation display with 2 other very noisy warbirds.........
........Wow!.........
Had used Bose X up until now - great ANR but next-to-useless PNR. The Bose were fine in a cabin twin/single but as the majority of my flying is in largish radials I was getting quite fatigued on longer trips using the Bose.
The 50-D's have solved the problem. Their PNR alone is better than the Bose WITH ANR, and with the Telex ANR enabled the thump of the engine is reduced to sound of a Diesel BMW X5 at idle! I swear I can hear the prop tips in the airflow. They are bulky but very comfortable and the sunglasses have no detriment on their efficacy.
In conclusion - whilst the Bose are comfy, light and effective in most aircraft - if you really value your hearing, go the Telex.

OH-and XFUELLY - yep - the aux inputs only work when the headsets are plugged into your IC circuit. Some folks have complained about the lack of an auto-mute. A fair point, but not one that bothers me. I prefer the radio chatter to music - amazing what little gems you can pick up from time to time