PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying coverall availability
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2002, 05:07
mousehands

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Obviously my last post was tongue in cheek, but I believe that all aircrew (including loadies) should wear the suitable clothing for the job, and if that happens to be a flying suit then so be it. It is a sad indication of our armed forces if its personnel are forced to argue amoungst themselves as to who gets to wear a flying suit. Having stocks of suitable clothing seems like a basic, essential prerequisite of any organisation. Next you'll be telling me that the armys' radios and rifles don't work. . .. .The coverall shortage isn't due to VC10 crews (or loadies)wearing it, but because of a government and hierachy that seems, at best, unable to foresee the obvious.. .. .There also seems to be a problem within the RAF from ground trades resenting aircrew for wearing their flying suits-which seems quite sad. Of couse aircrew wear flying suits: they fly! (RAF police wear white caps, why can't navigators?) Nobody in the RAF was forced to join or do their current trade, so a swift removal of all chips from shoulders is long overdue. . .. .Not having enough of the basic kit is frankly embarrasing as it highlights just how poor things have become.. .. .Rant over!