PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 24th Nov 2007, 03:30
ules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was looking into joining rex also but no way its a scam , biggest rip off and u get no command time sure u get to go in a turbo prop and if ur lucky get 3000 hours. but it wont be command hours

ive paid 48,00 for my cpl + instrument rating and atpl theory which im doing at the moment, then im just gonna move onto a small company to gain my hours , all i will need is 2 years roughly and then i can apply for an airline,
virgin have just dropped their entry requirments
to 1000hours total time

i was too realy keen and so commited to joinin rex, but yeah no way, 7 years to live on crap pay and not get any comand time , its gonna be hard to pay rent, pay ur bills eat buy clothes etc, on the sallary they offer for the 7years also u have to pay back your debt !!
another thing is their shares are rappily dropping in price, everyones selling , i got a feeling rex will not make that 7 years,

anyway good luck to you guys, ive already started my diploma course, its fantastic love it so much , but just be wary shop around like i did and get the best deal, there are plenty of pilot jobs out there, and if u really want to work for rex, just apply for dirrect entry do your training elsewhere