PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC jobs at LBA
Thread: ATC jobs at LBA
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2007, 20:48
throw a dyce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is probably going to be history repeating itself.Here in PD there has been countless people leave,for various reasons over the years.During the last resigantion burst,there were about 12 to 15 and the unit came close to it's knees.Nats were still trying to post out retained rights ATCO 2.
In my own case I left for 3.5 times the salary in HK.My housing allowance exceeded my Nats take home pay.So I come home after the usual pile of crap in the Tower and someone on the phone offers me that.Oh I'll be such a small fish.What about my pension. Couldn't resign quick enough and go.
The weird thing is that Nats wants to go down the same road again.I'm sure if Heathrow lost 30% of it's staff because they were pissed off at terms and conditions then it would be changed very quickly..Band 2 is the lowest paid in Nats.Look at the Banding agreement stitch up.
Good luck to people that look to improve their lot.I'm sure that LBA is offering about the same as Atco 3 units.That sort of deal was enough to entice a lot from PD.Geography go figure.

Ps and that was before P.Barron decided to have a look at pensions.