PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mint sucking hedgehog
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2007, 20:33
PantsOnFire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heavy handed moderation

I fail to see how taking an interest in the future of the owners of a growing number of helicopter / aviation interests is "getting close" to ending another thread on the same subject.

I can appreciate the need for PPrune to avoid supporting libellous statements, however, in a country of free speech we should be at liberty to refer to broadsheet newspaper articles already in the public domain and to discuss their impact on an industry close to our hearts.

This is a matter of relevance to some pruners who have worked at / are working at / may work at any one of the "sub"-companies - especially as the list of "ownees" is/was growing at an exponetial rate. Without this "hiccup", 90% of the UK helicopter industry may have ended up being owned by the same entity !

I call on all Pruners to show some restraint and common sense when posting to ensure this thread achieves the necessary purpose of "information" and for the moderators to show equal restraint in stiffling public opinion.

Is this not, afterall, a "Rumour" network ? Or is it merely a "PC" "disucssion forum" where we are frightened to offend or fear censorship from voicing our opinion?