PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC jobs at LBA
Thread: ATC jobs at LBA
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2007, 18:13
Hootin an a roarin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Niknak

Thanks for the insight.

1) Living in Scotland's capital you will find my current mortgage and house will buy me similar if not better accomodation in most places, except London, so thats irrelevant.

2) I wouldn't class anything North of the border a big fish (airports), and more importantly we are not seen or treated by this company as such by our salaries. If you are talking about NATS as a whole again we are treated as the minnows within and seem to bear the brunt of cost cutting continuously.

3) We north of the border, again within this company, are treated as the lowest of the low as decided by the people who voted yes with banding (old argument but still valid). As an aside I also see now that the model is deemed unfit within NERL but within NSL we are stuck with it. As an individual I have no idea where I stand in the pecking order. It is a lottery when courses are handed out, and very rare, as again everything comes down to cost. If the unit has enough ojti's, lce's etc no one else gets a look in, irrelevant, if it is good for a person's career development or not. Having mates at area units, they tend to leave the college and within 2 years are all ojti's whether they are needed or not.

4) Who says the allegations could not occur within any unit?

You are also, in my opinion, sounding extremely arrogant and offensive by intimating that bog standard Atco's at LBA are the lowest of the low. I take it you are Band 5 at Swanwick!

My original query was to find out how much top of the ATCO salary was at LBA because again if NATS does not wake up and stop meddling with pensions/TandC's, and try to reduce the banding/pension gulf, then people will start to look around for other opportunities.
It is also well known that unless it is a sound business case within NSL then moves between units are not being encouraged because of costs.

I'm sure Nats is looked on as a wonderful company to work for when you are earning in the 80/90 grand mark or are one of the thousands of pen pushers trying to justify a living at CTC, but other airports are beginning to look attractive.

Rant over

Time for a triple whisky!!!