PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger pounces on AOC
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2007, 15:17
ACMS

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
MEAGAIN: well 30 years as crew in 3 different international and domestic airlines gives me some idea of in-flight catering standards my friend.
And I can tell you that the standard of meals has come one hell of a long way in 30 years. The food isn't half bad most of the time, although a little repetative if you do the same sectors day after day.
In-flight catering businesses are required to produce high quality meals in a very clean environment. A trip out to Qantas or Cathay in-flight catering opeations at Hkg Syd or Mel should prove that to you. Go on, have a look at their operations and tell me the standards are crap, I dare you.
"hot meal every 5 hours" "food poisoning"
Yes ICAO do stipulate that Cockpit crew should receive a HOT meal approx every 6 hours. FOR FLIGHT SAFETY.
Ever eaten food not correctly refrigerated after cooking????????? yeah fun throwing up isn't it. Not good if that's at FL 370 while the F/O's on his own.
Even Gloria down at the local Coles Supermarket is trained on food preperation and how to refrigerate after to stop bacteria.
So for the sake of the passengers down the back of the Tiger A320 I hope the cockpit crew are 1/ cooking the food properly and 2/ storing it properly for that 0500 start with 4 sectors through the day.
We are not check-in staff that can pop into the staff canteen for a 1 hr lunch break people.
Some things need to be provided for, and in-flight catering is one of those things.
What's next? You have to bring your own sidestick for the A320?

Oh and those money figures I mention above? I didn't dream them up, it's what the rumour mill has set the figure at. Thus I was wanting to get the real truth from someone that may have the info.