PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airtours pilot suspended for Parker Pen Logbook
Old 1st Apr 2001, 04:23
EGCC4284

Cool

Currently halfway through my self improver route with 125 hours and just started my ATPL's distance course.

My CV will read:

Hours: 200 genuine.

Funding: Totally by myself whilst keeping home, 2 cars, wife, daughter and working full time 6/7 days per week.

Head: Same size as before I gained frozen ATPL and not up my own backside.

Feet: Both of them firmly on the ground.

Experience: Very little but chances are its the same as, or even more, than the guys just out of Oxford.

Veiws on ex RAF pilots: Brave, you wouldn't get me flying into a war zone, and they are not all tossers. There are a few pilots who have never been in the airforce and are tossers.

Interview: I know I would be the luckiest guy in the world to get one, let alone a job.

My point is that this thread has turned into a slanging match. This unfortunately goes to show that there are pilots flying along side others who jump to the conclusion that a co-pilot is a tosspot just because he's ex RAF.

That shows me that there are a few narrow minded guys out there that don't realise they themselves are tossers.

My message to the training captains is this:

When you receive a CV detailing low hours please do not just throw it into the bin.

------------------
A BIT EXTRA FOR MUM.