PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Accommodation for GCAT TR pilots!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2007, 12:15
Nichibei Aviation
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
200 hours is not far below the requirements of European airlines.
It is. A regular European airline would require at least 200h on type experience for a direct-entry position.

My 146th hour was taking 148 passengers down to the south of France in a B737.
Well you don't need more than a PPL and a TR to have co-pilot privileges on non-revenue flights. You can do that with 80 hours on your logs if wish to. John Travolta is the best example ;-)

No, here we're talking about job applications and TR's, in the real world for a real career on a real airline

The GECAT TR scheme that is available to Oxford alumni is usually a self sponsored type rating that has a job offer attached to it.
If I were to finance a TR I would rather like it the other way 'round: A job offer with a self-sponsored TR attached to it.

Most FTO's promise the same thing: a job offer at graduation. When you graduate and you realise that you've been screwed (happens 80% of the time), you try to look for a solution...there the TRTO's fetch you and promise you a job offer. Once you graduate from TR, again you realise that you've been fooled (80% of the time again): you'll be put on an endless waiting list or told that they'll call you when they have vacancies...

How do you think those TRTO's manage to add a 10 million $ simulator to their collection every year? It's the students who pay for it!

Take a look on this forum and you'll find plenty of guys regretting their TR.