PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sabian Air
Thread: Sabian Air
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2007, 11:46
Jamex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was at Sabian's hangar at Rand. Three Queen Airs (with round windows-thought at first they were Kingair 90's!) and one Kingair 90 in hangar all without interiors and various panels missing. No-one working on them at all and no tools or equipment in sight and, judging by the dust, no-one has touched them for some time. Also a Seneca without windscreens and a Baron airframe with foreign registration and no engines, avionics or interior. Wonder what hapless foreigner was taken there! The Seneca and QueenAirs as well as the Kingair were all in white with Sabian Air livery. The place looked unused with oil and dirt on the floor. Went into the offices which are very sparsely furnished and met a VERY good looking blonde who seems to be running the offices by herself. As I said before, I was told they have two Part 135's and one Part 121 and now she added they have scheduled routes too but declined to tell me where and when and there were no licences on display that I could see. Also, the door leading to the street ie. the front entrance, was locked from the outside giving the impression there is no-one there. I got access to the hangar from the airside as the main hangar doors are open. There was a brand new Merc S500, registration Sabian1, as well as a brand new Porsche in the hangar. Apparently there is also sometimes a very late model Ferrari(red-naturally) inside the hangar. Spoke to some people at Rand who told me these people have been known to sell three half-shares in various aircraft! There really does not seem to be anything going on there and the TCAS is now warning! My suggestion to myself and anyone else? Fly the TCAS and avoid this company!