PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airtours pilot suspended for Parker Pen Logbook
Old 31st Mar 2001, 15:17
Mowgli

I work for said company, and my log books were checked during the interview - extensively, that's why I am amazed that this fraud was not picked up. However, whilst it would be wrong to speculate, if he "created" years of flying, it would be hard to detect by an airline or the CAA. That's why integrety has to be assumed, and why IMHO anyone caught falsifying their hours should be seen to receive a suitably harsh punishment. Could the CAA not do a random check/investigation? Some have noted that they may already do this.

N Nigel, whilst not wishing to go "off thread", your comments have incurred my displeasure, so maybe I also (along with B Eagle et al) need medical help in terms of my sense of humour and personalty.

I would welcome your guidance here because I am from an unfortunate background, but in my new career I'm trying to adjust so that I can get along well with anyone I fly with so that a harmonious environment commensurate with a safe and professional flight can be created. However, I will try to see the funny side of changing "Air" for "Arse", despite my feeling that it is disrespectful to a few good men who 60 years ago risked and often lost their lives so that you can now enjoy the freedom to denigrate their Service.