PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger pounces on AOC
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2007, 08:32
AN Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is why Tiger dropped Alice Springs. Qantas has got the head in the arses
Skystar320 - can I ask why? QF seems well within their rights, given that they fully own Tigers competitor, (J*), to refuse to ground handle Tiger in Alice. It could well be that J* one day plans to operate into there, and QF dont wish to assist a carrier that conflicts with their subsidiaries plans. It would be like having Virgin Blue perform ground handling for QantasLink in Mackay or Rockie.

Imagine if Tiger do so well, that QF decide to widthdraw completely out of ASP as a result (wont happen, but lets say hypothetically it did). "Thanks Qantas for ground handling us, we've just kicked you out of the market here, so we'll now be switching ground handling carrier to our own people - but we really do thank you for helping us destroy you!, you were great"...

No. On this issue, I'm actually with QF. It's not necessarily the P/R friendly decision, but this is a business, and QF are quite rightly out to protect their own. Tiger's management were kidding themselves to think that QF would ground handle them in the first place, and if they now have to cancel flights as a result, then I hope this will be a lesson learnt for them.

Now - if QF had previously agreed to ground handle Tiger in ASP and are now pulling OUT....this might be an issue and I do agree, questions should be raised if this is the case.