PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cape Town SAA A346
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2007, 06:20
Jamex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suitcaseman, agreed it was an accident. BUT, when an incident like this happens it raises a lot of unanswered questions and then I say post away! I know the relevant F/O and also know he is a more than capable pilot. When a Captain has the history this one seems to have then questions need to be asked. Apparently she was suspended for slapping a hostie, got into frequent, seemingly unreasonable arguments, with Flight Despatchers, had a go at a Technician for his joke regarding women drivers, blamed her F/O for the "mistake", etc. The basic foundation of a healthy psyche, according to the first handbook in studying psychology, is the ability to accept responsibility, and the consequences of, one's own actions! The question is, had you or I had this record and then screwed the pooch, would we still be employed? Would we have got through the psychometrics with this type of behaviour or personality disorder? Is the process of "fast tracking" certain races and sexes to satisfy political masters now biting SAA in the backside? Must people die before the obvious flaws are taken seriously? Just some questions to think about. Answer away!