PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot retention.......Fact or Fiction
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2002, 13:41
Always_broken_in_wilts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pilot retention.......Fact or Fiction

Lets do a bit of "baldrick" research here and try and establish if there is actually a problem in this area. The scuttlebut on the new "electric herc" sqn is that post Sep 11, no surprises there!!, the civvy market has pretty well dried up and I know of only one pilot who was going to a comfy seat in a shiney jet but has since been knocked back. He has, funny old thing - but he also has bills to pay, had a change of heart and is now staying but he freely admits he would be off tomorrow if the oppertunity should knock. . .. .If like me you can look at your sqn "boards" and come up with figures like "just short of 40 captains of whom several are left/right seat qual'd"...just over 30 co's and just under 30 ALM's you have to wonder if there is an actuall problem out there at all. Especially as with over 50 pax you need 2 ALM's on Albert it's not hard to work out where the limiting factor is at my coal face. Or is the current retention solving measure sympamatic of most service decisions? ie :- simply a couple of years to late?. .. .So if your are disillusioned at listening to the two winged master race continually harp on about how their 30/40/50k is going to clear the mortgage or buy a new fanny magnet etc etc whilst you have to sit there feeling, once again, betrayed by your superiors start appending rough figures to this new topic. Who knows with enough good gen I may take "flaps" advice and put pen to paper.. .. .Nice to see some Post Office bosses taking the decision to decline their 10% pay award in recognition of the poor performance of the company.....wonder if any of our lords and masters are considering the same?. .. .Happy Herc Mate. .. .all spelling mistakes are alcohol induced. . . . <small>[ 06 March 2002, 14:29: Message edited by: Always_broken_in_wilts ]</small>