PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2007, 17:55
Gingerbread Man

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh dear, woe is me and so forth

I'm an optimistic guy, but my assessment at Fareham today was not good (Stage 2??). Firstly I was sure I was told there would be two interviews, so I was prepared for a normal interview and a personality-type one. As it turns out, I just had the latter, so a lot of my preparation was unnecessary. I found the 'giving examples' a bit exhausting as it was really hard to think of responses in a few cases, despite knowing that I had plently to call on somewhere in my memory.

Worse though, were the electronic tests. I have done plenty of electronic aptitude tests, so wasn't particularly worried about them, but christ I found these tough. Stopping numbers colliding while doing sums was the worst - I barely answered any of the maths questions as I could not read the question, do the arithmetic and respond before the question disappeared again. I wondered if these were solely to try and distract you from the 'aircraft', but probably not. Also, sorting numbers and then having to factor extra instructions was so hard to do in the time allowed. Adding the digits together, seeing if it was a match and remembering the right category was almost too much for the 3 seconds or so given.

So it seems maybe my brain is not that of an ATCO, unless i've been really lucky. Damnnation to my grey matter, and good luck to everyone else in the process. I'm sure you'll fair better.

Ginger