PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Batavia aircraft loses wing section
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2007, 16:16
PK-KAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, another funny episode in Indonesian aviation.

1st we heard it was an A319 loosing a flap section and had to RTB.
Then we heard it was a 737 loosing a part of the skin and had to RTB.
Then the airline said the 737 returned not due to missing a skin section but due to to a hydraulic problem.
Then the airline denied the piece found on the ground was theirs.
Then the airport put the piece against the plane and found that it fits perfectly, so therefore they announced that info.
Then the airline said, "it's not that big, only 50x40cm"...
Last that I heard the airport said, "it is BIGGER than 50x40cm..."
*yawn*

Aircraft involved was PK-YTP.
There are conflicting reports on whether it could have proceeded to PNK or had to return to CGK.
On another report it was said the pilot decided to return to base due to realizing the aircraft "didn't handle like it was supposed to."

I'm surprised the flight crew realized the problem, I would have thought they wouldn't notice since they've been flying "one-two-go style"... ie: report 100hrs, scheduled for 110hrs block, actual... 150hrs... a month. Let's not start counting their duty hours! Oh yeah, and the pay's total cr4p... I hear 12Go pay is higher *shakes head*

Interestingly Batavia just sacked its 732 chief a month or two ago (or he resigned) over realizing he was giving simulator access to an unauthorized person (who is rumoured to be wanted by security in other airlines).

And Batavia is currently suing ATR and EADS to get their deposits back on purchasing ATRs... which they said "upon seeing the aircraft for ourselves, didn't live up to what it said in the brochure."... This, and the airline still expects Airbus to deliver more planes to them...

And just yesterday, the airline complained about photos on the internet of the cockpit of one if its A319s. Citing "the aircraft owner isn't happy that these photos were on the net and contained confidential information." *bangs head on table*... is the aircraft registration and its sel-cal code confidential?

PK-KAR