PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sea King too old and putting Lives at risk.
Old 22nd Nov 2007, 15:41
NRDK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Crab....I sensed a nibble

771 do a great job, much like Wattisham & Lee; but there is a certain difference of ‘difficulty’ upgrade at Gannet, Lossie, Stornoway. Those who have done both know it.

Did not say the only good Civ SAR are ex-mil. Many exceptional Civilian only pilots are now in situ. Did infer that market forces Versus time frame will once again mean that you current Mil drivers with a licence, SAR time and a good few hours will be extremely attractive candidates.

With regards the kit fit; it is what the client was offered and wished to pay for, the SA picture that you can obtain is what you up front can only dream about for now. In truth the SK is on its way out…face it, realise it, accept it. You will have to either embrace it as we will or fly for Virgin.

Venture out the comfort zone….Please.

We too hope the EASA/CAA and SAR-H don’t get the bits that count regarding Flying limits, restrictions, dispensations/exemptions etc wrong. Or you will be right that the potential to compromise the level of service may be eroded. We are very aware of this, as we are already hampered to some extent with training limits. As mentioned in previous posts; for Civ SAR ops we have very few, if any restrictions, provided the actions are justifiable.

An Uckers pigmy like yourself would be an 8 piece mixie blob on my doorstep after a few minutes. Never mind, my young apprentice, you too will turn to the dark side in time.