PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whinging aircrew!
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2002, 03:03
PlasticCabDriver

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
Unfortunately, Admin Guano is only one of a growing number of people, of all trades, even aircrew, who are losing sight of what this business is all about. The business of the RAF is the mission. Thats it. Whether it is dropping a bomb, delivering troops, refuelling jets or whatever. The final delivery of whatever it is, by aircraft. Every action or decision, however trivial, that every person in the RAF makes, of whatever rank, should be made with the thought 'Does this help towards achieving the mission?' somewhere in the back of their minds. Every person, section and flight will have its own missions, but achieving those missions must still be geared to achieving bigger missions, and so on and so on until we come to the top, the big one, the actual dropping of the bombs (or whatever).

The mission has to be right at the top of the tree. It supports nothing else, it is the whole point of the organisation. Right underneath that, is the aircraft itself. Without that, there really will be no mission. Everything else goes to support that, that is what everything else is there for. However, when that aircraft goes on its mission, there are aircrew in it, and that makes us part of the aircraft.

That puts us above you, Guano, in the tree.. .That is the way it is. It is not that we are better people than the rest of you, or superior to you, or morally more pure, or just better looking (though that's usually true!), its just that's where our job puts us in the big organisational tree. We have our fair share of w*nkers too, I cannot deny, but what we expect of you, is your support, your unswerving support, every day, for us as we go about our business of achieving the mission. We appreciate your support. We are not so blinkered that we cannot see that the mission will fail without your support. It just that you support us, and not the other way round, and the sooner that you and your like minded kin appreciate that, the sooner we will get some way back to being the sort of organisation that we were once proud of.

(I know that there are trades and jobs out there who do not fall strictly into the above, but they are a tiny minority, so my points are valid for the vast majority of the RAF, particularly 1st tourist Admin Officers)

Fvck me readers, that was a bit serious!

Nob, Poo, Bum! That's better!

PS. Dunhovrin'. Long time no see, are you going to come and visit us ever again?