PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whinging aircrew!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2002, 21:49
Dunhovrin

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool

Blimey,

One blunty re-iritates an old chestnut and you lot spend 9 pages telling him to wind his neck in. You lot obviously aren't working hard enough nowadays. Of course in my day things were a lot harder, you youngsters don't know that you're born...oh bollocks I'm too tired to wind anyone up but here's a genuine tale for comment....

I was sitting chatting to a civvie self-improver about work and conditions in our airline and the conversation went:

Me:"To be honest as ex-RAF I can't complain about any of our hotels we [airline blokes] stay in. They're all a lot better than a tent next to an active runway". .Him:"Aye well [for he was Scottish but miserable enough to have been Welsh], you don't go to admire council buildings do you?". ."Eh?". ."I mean the taxpayer has to fund the RAF and let's face it airline pilots are in the job of saving lives, whereas the military is about taking lives. So decent crew rest isn't as important". .[Now at this point I started to stutter thinking I must be hallucinating].. ."Errr, so you think it's OK to send, say, 12 Tornadoes to Bosnia and plan on losing 3 on the way because the crews slept on the floor of the hangar". ."Well that's what losses are budgeted for isn't it?". .Me:"Oh here's my stop - I'll get me coat"

I realise this has nothing to do with blunties and their perennial jealousy regarding the superiority of pilots and thingies (umm navigators) but I thought I should share this little gem. What would you have said, (not done- as violence is the last resort of the incompetant)?